Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Seeking Alpha: Why the Market Doubled

I want to let all my subscribers know that I also write for an excellent investment site called Seeking Alpha (SA). I have been posting articles on SA since July, 2008. Most of those aticles have been reproduced in this Newsletter. In fact, many of them appeared here first, then were adapted for SA.

Recently, Seeking Alpha instituted payments to authors for articles (based on page views), provided that the article is not provided for free elsewhere. After much soul-searching, I have decided to submit occasional articles exclusively to SA and not reproduce them here. When I do that, I will provide a brief summary of the article here along with a link to the full article on SA.

Many of you may find SA to be a very interesting site. It provides over 200 articles per day on every conceivable investing topic. Articles can be accessed for free. They provide a comment system, plus a scoring system (thumbs up and thumbs down) for comments. (I do not allow comments here, preferring to keep this Newsletter as clean as possible.) If you want to comment or vote on comments, you must register with SA. Registration is free (they have over 600,000 registered users). You can also sign up for daily emails notifying you of articles by favorite authors, articles about subjects you have designated, and so on. You can "follow" your favorite authors and receive notifications whenever they post a new article. (I have over 1300 followers on SA.)

Here is a link to Seeking Alpha's home page: http://seekingalpha.com/ .

Yesterday, I posted my first exclusive article on Seeking Alpha, "4 Reasons the Stock Market Has Doubled." In the article, I lay out the reasons that I think have been behind the stock market's doubling since its low on March 9, 2009 nearly two years ago. If you would like to read the full article (and people's comments about it), you can access it here: http://seekingalpha.com/article/252838-4-reasons-the-stock-market-has-doubled .

One topic that I have kept exclusively for readers of this newsletter are my periodic Timing Outlook updates and market commentaries. I currently have no plans to submit those articles to Seeking Alpha. For one thing, it would take too much background explanation to bring those readers up to speed on how the Timing outlook works. If I change that policy, I will let you know.

As always, best of luck with your investing!