Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Who's Who of Wall Street

An organization called Wall Street Economists has published the results of a research project on influential persons and opinion leaders. As announced in a news release dated May 04, 2011, yours truly made the list. According to Wall Street Economists, their researchers spent hundreds of hours analyzing the most important news stories, articles, interviews, and blog posts about the financial crisis and its impact on Wall Street.

My name appeared on the list in a category of Top Wall Street Experts and Opinion Leaders.

I don't think of myself as working "on" Wall Street, but I am certainly part of the investment industry. Many of the things I write about--like market timing and dividend-growth investing--are anti-Wall Street in the sense of going opposite to much mainstream thinking. But it is nice to be recognized as an opinion leader.